30 Jan 2012

Well-behaved Bonnie at Spijkers & Spijkers

Next to the show of Bas Kosters, I attended the show of Spijkers & Spijkers at Fashion Week Amsterdam. The show of the twins was inspired by Faye Dunaway who played Bonnie in the '67 movie Bonnie and Clyde. 


Photo: http://mandapandapalace.blogspot.com/2010/12/faye-dunaway-in-bonnie-and-clyde.html?zx=4c11c6c94f96e819

I did like the inspiration but for me the show was a little too 'now' instead of a vision of tomorrow. The colours blue, red, rusty red, brown and black fitted well together. On some dresses there were details of a little guns-print, a wink to Bonnie. I would like to have seen a little more daring Bonnies instead of the well-behaved Bonnies of SIS. I am inspired to wear my beret more often though! All in all it was nice to see the models in the end all together walking on the catwalk, so you could see the coherency of the collection.








Photography: me

No comments:

Post a Comment