11 Aug 2012

Dip dye It Yourself








Shirt: Zara
Sunnies: Rayban
Hair colour: La Riche

I have had the blonde dip dye for a while now. To add a little more spice to it I added some pink dip dye. So now I have a double dip dye! To create this look you will need: 
- La Riche semi permanent hair colour, I used 'Flamingo pink' 
 (I bought mine at a Kinki kapper)
- a hair dye brush
- a pair of plastic gloves
- a plastic bag long enough for your hair
- a comb
- a bucket of warm water
- and a friend who is willing to help you... 

First I put some old clothes on (you want to make sure nothing else gets pink except where you want it). I wet my hair, and wrapped a plastic bag around my neck. We did the dyeing outside so my bathroom would not be pink in the end. My friend combed my hair and divided it evenly on the plastic bag. Because it was wet it was sticking a bit to the plastic bag. This way it is easier to see where you want the dip dye to begin and end. She started at the lower part of my hair until it reached the height I wanted it to be. We waited 15 minutes, as it said on the package of La Riche. Then we took a bucket of warm water to wash of the most of the dye. Afterwards I washed my hair and put some care products in it. You want to make sure you do not shampoo your hair as much, because the colour will go out a bit every time. Take care of your hair with a defrizz serum to let it look healthy. 

Photography: Marc Deurloo

No comments:

Post a Comment