7 Apr 2013

Oh My Dot and Square!








Clutch: New Look (similar here)
Jumper, legging, heels: H&M
Blouse: Zara
Skirt: thrifted, Iceberg
 
Oh my God! Pop art has introduced its way into fashion! The BAM's and TRASH's and pop art drawings fly around your ears. Since wintery temperatures didn't leave Holland yet I still wear some knits and wool jumpers now and then. I found this skirt at the second-hand market IJ-hallen a year ago, didn't know how to combine it then. Now I know! Print-on-print for me is the best way to show off the different prints. It's the best way to hypnotize people I guess. 

Did you ever wonder why the pop art drawings with skin made off little red squares look so real and appealing? I did. How come such geometrical drawings can appear human? When you read about pop art and Roy Lichtenstein, you can find that pop art was a way of making fun of mass consumption. The purpose was to emphasize the banality of any given mass culture. Now my question; how come mass consumption uses drawings on their products that makes fun of their own mass consumption? I think it's a genius way of self-deprecating!





1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo cute!!

    Loving the bag,heels and the skirt is LUSH!!!

    Keep up the great work xoxox

    ReplyDelete